Remote Assistance can be a very useful tool when it comes to troubleshooting computer problems or needing help performing a procedure. Using Remote Assistance, another individual can connect to your computer to view your desktop or take remote control of your computer (of course, with your permission).
There are a few different ways in which you can ask another user for Remote Assistance. One way is to use Windows Messenger. You can use this method by completing the steps that are listed below:
- Click Start and select Help and Support.
- Under Ask for assistance, click Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance.
- Click Invite someone to help you.
- Under Use Windows Messenger, click the contact you want to send the remote assistance invitation to.
- Click Invite the person.
- Once the recipient has accepted your invitation, a message will appear. Click Yes to allow the remote user to connect to your computer.
- A similar message will appear if the user attempts to take remote control of your computer. Click Yes to allow the remote user to take control of your computer.