When it comes to new internet marketing opportunities for your business, RSS just might be the answer you were looking for. Here are just some of the new opportunities it can provide you with …
1. Podcasting and Videocasting
Podcasting (delivering internet audio content) and Videocasting (delivering internet video content) allow you to communicate via rich media messages, not only making your content more attractive and powerful, but also enabling a more personal »conversation« with your audiences.
Up until know, the internet was predominantly a textual channel. Adding audio and video to the mix, delivering both via RSS, goes beyond the basic capabilities provided by »traditional« internet content delivery channels.
Rich media personalizes the internet experience and gives your company a distinguishable face, while at the same time providing you with a media platform to convey your message so that it is easier to understand, see and feel.
Think about …
- Delivering press releases in audio or video
- Sending your customers a personal video message from the CEO
- Doing audio interviews to expand your reach and provide more content to your visitors
- Delivering video demonstrations of your products
- Using video and audio to demonstrate how your customers and readers can easily resolve various issues that you are helping them with
- Delivering important messages to your readers, customers and business partners via a more personal audio experience, instead of using impersonal e-mail communications
- And so on …
In addition, Podcasting and Videocasting form the basis of new business models, giving you the opportunity to expand your product base to include these formats with higher perceived value.
Customer education & support are improved as well, since you can now demonstrate key product usage points via online video providing customer support content in a format, which can easily demonstrate everything you need to convey to your customers.