There are dozens of programs out there today that will help you extract zipped and compressed files. Some work great and some don’t work at all. How does ExtractNow stand up to these other programs out there in the market? I think it holds its own with some of the other freeware choices today.
Here is what the authors of ExtractNow have to say about it:
ExtractNow allows you to extract more than one archived file at a time, with one click of a button. Makes extracting files quicker and easier. ExtractNow supports ZIP, RAR, ACE, IMG, IMA, IMZ, ISO, and BIN archives.
How does the features list look for ExtractNow?
- Support for ZIP, RAR, ACE, JAR, ISO, IMG, IMA, IMZ, BIN, MP3 (MP3>WAV), LHA, LHZ formats.
- Drag and drop files or folders from Explorer to extract them.
- Detailed history of extraction procedures.
- Simple user interface and sleek design in a small package.
- Recursively search through folders for archives.
- Delete files or close program after extraction options.
- Windows Explorer file associations for all file types.
- Extract files into current directory, named folder, or favorite folder of choice.
- File type masking for ZIP, RAR, and ACE.
- System tray icon on Minimize and Always on top features.
- Write to file option allows logging of extraction procedures and much more.
As you can see, for a freeware file, it can definitely hold its own compared to what else is out there today.
ExtractNow is totally free. If you want to give it a shot to try it out for yourself, all you need to do is pick up the download at the ExtractNow Web site.
[1.17M] [Win98/ME/NT/2k/XP] [FREE]