The BlackBerry Desktop Software is required to activate your handheld is wireless activation is not supported. This means you will have to install the software on your computer using the steps listed below. In order to install the software, you must be a member of the local Administrators group on the local computer. Since you are connecting to a corporate Exchange server, be sure the Integrate with enterprise email account is selected.
- Locate the BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer. Double click the installation file.
- From the Welcome to the BlackBerry Desktop software dialog box, click Next.
- Use the drop down arrow to select your country or region. Click Next to continue.
- Review the License Agreement and click Yes.
- Type in your first and last name along with the name of your company. Click Next.
- When you are prompted to select one of the Email Integration Options, select Integrate with enterprise email account. Click Next to continue.
- When prompted to select an email system, click Microsoft Exchange (typically used with Microsoft Outlook clients). Click Next.
- Click Redirect email using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If a BlackBerry Enterprise Server was not installed, you would select the Redirect email using the BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option. Click Next.
- Choose a location for the installation files. Click Next.
The wizard will walk you through the rest of the installation process. Once you are complete, the Desktop Software Manager will be installed on your computer. At this point, the cradle can be connected to your computer and the handheld device docked to the cradle. The desktop software will be loaded onto your BlackBerry device.
[tags]blackberry,rim,email,network configuration,exchange,prosumer,wireless support[/tags]