With a first line indent, the first line of every paragraph is indented. You can create a first line indent using the First Line Indent marker on the horizontal ruler. If you don’t like working with the markers on the ruler, you can set indents through the Paragraph dialog box.
To set a first line indent in Word 2007:
- Select the line that you want to indent.
- On the Page Layout tab, click Paragraph.
- Click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Under Indentation, click First line from the Special list.
- In the By box, set the amount of indentation.
[tags]microsoft word, microsoft word templates, microsoft word office[/tags]