Microsoft Word allows you sort data, such as text, numbers and dates, in a table column or table cell. You can have Word 2007 sort the data for you automatically using the built-in sort function in Word, instead of doing it manually. Automatically sorting data can save you time, especially if you are working with a large amount of data in your Microsoft Word document.
To sort data in a table:
- Select the column containing the data you want to sort.
- Click the Layout tab under the Table Tools tab.
- Click the Sort icon in the Data group. The Sort dialog box appears.
- Click in the top Type list box and choose the type of data you want to sort: Text, Number, or Date.
- Select either the Ascending or Descending radio button.
- Click OK.