A Lockergnome reader recently asked if there was any way to send out an Outlook meeting request where attendees could choose which meeting they wanted to attend. Unfortunately there isn’t a simple way to accomplish this. What you need to do is create multiple meeting requests and include them in an email message. When the attendees receive the email, they can open and accept the meeting request they want to attend.
The specific steps our outlined in more detail below:
- Create the meeting requests, invite only yourself and click Send. In the subject field, include the date of the meeting.
- Open each item on your calendar and select File, Save as.
- Save each item as an ICS on your hard drive.
- Create a new email message and attach the ICS files you saved in step 3. Add each of the attendees email address in the To: field.
- In the body of the message, include instructions asking recipients to accept the meeting they want to attend.
When the recipients accept the meeting request, the meeting is added to their calendar. In addition, the meetings in your calendar are updated with the names of the attendees.