Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred is packed with fun craft and toy-making projects for geeks on a budget. Inside, you’ll find illustrated instructions for 24 quirky playthings. Part I: Kid Stuff contains child-friendly projects like the Lock-N-Latch Treasure Chest and a PVC TeePee; Part II: The Electro-Skiffle Band is devoted to homemade musical instruments; and Part III: The Locomotivated showcases moving toys, like a muzzleloader that shoots marshmallows and a steam-powered milk-carton boat.
Each project costs just $10 or less to make and is suitable for anyone, regardless of experience level. As you build, you’ll learn useful sewing and carpentry skills, and the appendix offers a primer on electronics and soldering.
- A simple electric guitar
- An oversized joy buzzer that (safely) administers a 100-volt jolt
- Cool, mess-free, screen printed t-shirts
- Kites made from FedEx envelopes
- Booming Thunderdrums made from salvaged x-ray film
- Old school board games like Go, Tafl, and Shut-the-Box
Whether you’re a mom or dad in search of a rainy day activity, a Scout leader looking to educate and entertain your troop, or just a DIY weekend warrior, the projects in Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred will inspire and amuse you. Now, roll up your sleeves and make!
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: No Starch Press; 1 edition (November 19, 2010)
- Language: English
- List Price: $24.95
- Price: $16.47 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
- You Save: $8.48 (34%)