The role of ‘Community Manager’ is relatively new and as a result there isn’t an abundance of resources available yet to support those in Community Manager roles. However, with that said if you are a Community Manager, you’re not alone and some great resources are starting to pop up on the Web that you can utilize. Here are a few that I encourage all new Community Managers to check out!
- Community Roundtable (An online community dedicated to furthering the discipline of community management)
- Collection of 50+ Enterprise 2.0 Case Studies and Examples
- FeverBee (An online community consultancy)
- Social Media Examiner
- Social Media Today
- Mashable’s Social Media Channel
- Web Strategy
- Community Spark — Building Online Community
- Gigaom’s Collaboration Channel
- Fast Wonder
In addition to the resources listed above, SlideShare has some great presentations on social media and Community Management. You can also tap into experienced Community Managers through Twitter.