Oh, look! It’s a Logitech C930e Webcam! Isn’t that special?
I can tell you’re not impressed. You don’t see how this webcam is any better than the webcam you already have. They’re all pretty much the same, right? You smile into one end and someone on the other side of the planet sees it, as large as life, on their screen. It’s like the video phone that the Jetsons would use in their deluxe apartment in the flying-car-traffic-gridlocked sky and tidy, housekept-by-robot future.
Or was that the Jeffersons? I’m sure the family started with a “J,” in any case.
But the C930e Webcam is impressive, you scoffers and mockers! After all, it’s Logitech’s “most advanced HD webcam yet.” Unless you’re reading this at any time after October of 2013, in which case there’s probably an even moster advanced HD webcam on the market. But we don’t yet have the ability to travel in time to see what that might be, so let’s just focus on the now, shall we?
The Logitech C930e Webcam is the first 1080p HD webcam to support H.264 with scalable video coding and UVC 1.5 encoding technology. No further webcams will be able to claim that much, at least! Who’s going to look on with wide-eyed amazement when you tell them about the world’s second 1080p HD webcam to support H.264 with scalable video coding and UVC 1.5 encoding technology? Nobody, bub! Living in the future isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, is it?
The Logitech C930e Webcam processes video within itself and adjusts to the available bitstream, which frees up PC bandwidth for other tasks. Like macrame and salsa dancing, perhaps? Heck, I don’t know what my PC gets up to when I leave it to its own devices, and I’m not about to ask. As long as it does what I ask of it when I need something done, what it does in its spare time is none of my freaking business.
Logitech C930e Webcam Features
Here’s a summary of what this ahead-of-its-time webcam has to offer you, oh skeptics from exotic Internet locales unknown.
- HD 1080p video quality at 30 frames-per-second
- H.264 with scalable video coding (SVC) and UVC 1.5 encoding technology
- 90-degree diagonal field of view
- Logitech RightLight 2 technology and autofocus
- 4x digital zoom in full HD
- Pan, tilt, and zoom option controlled by software
- Certified for Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype, compatible with most UC and Web conferencing applications
- Carl Zeiss glass lens (which could be a problem when the police come to question you about the whereabouts of something that, by its very name, doesn’t belong to you — unless your name happens to coincidentally be Carl Zeiss)
- Convenient privacy shutter
- Plug-and-play USB connectivity
- Multiple mounting options (so you can ride it around like a pony, I’m assuming, because what else could it mean?)
Now that you know all about it and have determined, without a doubt, that the Logitech C930e Webcam is better than your crummy old webcam in every way, why don’t you go get your own instead of coveting your neighbor’s, why don’t you?