The Start menu contains a section listing your most frequently used programs. They appear right above the Start button when you select it, making these programs more accessible to you.
If you open the properties dialog box for the Taskbar and Start Menu, you can clear the list so all the programs on the Frequently Used Programs list are removed. Keep in mind as well that this procedure does not remove the program from your computer.
You can also prevent a specific program from ever appearing on the Most Frequently Used Programs list. No mater how often you use the program it will never appear on this list. You can accomplish this by completing the steps listed below:
- Click Start and select Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\ where ‘program’ is the name of the executable you do not want to appear on the list.
- Click Edit, point to New, and select String Value.
- Type NoStartPage for the value name.
- Close the Registry Editor.