I’ve been bets testing Live OneCare for the past several months and it works very well. This is what Microsoft has to say about their product.
“Help get confidence and peace of mind. Windows Live OneCare is always on, working quietly in the background on your computer, helping protect your PC from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders. It also goes beyond security, regularly backing up all your important files and automatically cleaning up and tuning up your PC to help keep it running at top speed.
Your OneCare service* comes with:
- Removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses
- Scans and cleans attachments, downloads, and other files
- Updates automatically to counteract new threats
- Uses Windows® Defender to helps protect your PC against pop-ups, slow performance, and security breaches
- Helps protect your PC from hackers when you send or receive data over the Internet
- Updates continuously to block harmful applications
- Automatically defragments your hard disk, cleans and compresses temporary files, and installs operating-system updates from Microsoft
Backup and Restore
- Helps protect your files by regularly backing them up to a CD, DVD, or external hard drive”
Get your free copy from here.
[tags]windows, free, Live OneCare, anti-virus, anti-spyware, defragment, backup, restore, recipes, helpful hints, cookie,[/tags]