Here are some tips and tricks you can try on your Windows based system.
Remember a folder view
You’ve found the perfect folder view. Now apply that view to all your folders using the following steps:
- In Windows Explorer, open the folder with the view that you want to apply and click the Tools menu, then Folder Options.
- Click the View tab and then click the Apply to All Folders button. Click OK.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your request. Click Yes, then click OK.
Now all the folders on your PC have the same view.
Internet Explorer 7 – Menu Bar
If you have a new copy of Internet Explorer 7 you will have noticed that the Menu bar is missing. You know, the bar that had File, Edit, View, Favorites, and so forth.
To get it back do this:
- Right click on one of the bars on top.
- Select Menu and make sure it is checked.
- If you don’t like it’s location you will need to uncheck Lock Toolbar to move it.
Share Your Media Using Media Player 11
Using Windows Media Player 11, you can stream music, pictures, and video from your computer to devices that are connected to your wired or wireless home network.
- To turn on media sharing – Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media to check box.
- In the list of devices below the Share my media to check box, select a device, i.e. Xbox 360.
- If you want to share your media with the computer or device you have selected, click Allow.
Naturally the device you wish to share with must be connected to your network via wired or wireless connection.
Disk Cleanup Utility
To keep your system running smoothly you should perform maintenance on your computer system. This has been simplified for users of Windows XP and 2000 which inlcudes the Disk Cleanup Utility.
To run the utility go to
START | PROGRAMS | ACCESSORIES | SYSTEM TOOLS | DISK CLEANUP
Select the drive you wish to perform the cleanup on – this will normally be [C] – and click OK. That’s it.
[tags]Media Player 11, Internet Explorer 7, Disk Cleanup, tips, tricks, [/tags]