I posted a topic on the alleged $150 laptop saying that I didn’t believe it could happen. (See posting here.) And I received a scathing comment in which I was accused of being ‘biased.’ Let’s examine the Web site of the company that is selling this $150 laptop and see what you think.
- As you look at the home page for Lite Appliance, you will notice that it is offering to sell us long distance phone service. Most reputable computer companies usually don’t do business this way.
- It also has ‘click-through’ ads on its site. Again, it seems it is more interested in generating income than on advertising its computers.
- When you click on the link for the LiteComputer, you are taken to a page with little or no information about its products. Yet its home page indicates that its products are already in use. Take a look at the smiling folks on this page who are using the LiteComputer already.
- It has a limited line of accessories it is selling. Which also appears to be more ‘click-through” ads.
- When you look at the Press Release page, it’s empty.
Take a look for yourself at the LiteAppliances Web site and see what you think.
[tags]Laptop, computer, $150, companies, lite appliances, home page, products[/tags]