Why not make it more difficult for hackers and rename the local Administrator account? Doing so will stop some amateur hackers cold and will annoy the more determined ones. If you do decide to rename the account, try not to use the word Admin in its name. Pick something that won’t sound like it has rights to anything.
You can rename the Administrator account in Vista using the steps listed below.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools and then the Local Security Policy.
- Within the console, expand Local Policies.
- Click Security Options. The various security options are displayed in the details pane.
- Double click Accounts: Rename Administrator Account.
- Type in the new account name and Click OK.
[tags]admin, rename admin, vista, security option[/tags]