In a previous tip I described how to apply one of Word’s built-in styles to your table. You can also create your own table style, with your own borders, shading, font and so on. You can save the style and apply it to tables you create in the future.
To create your own table style in Word 2003:
- Open the Style and Formatting task pane (click Style and Formatting from the Format menu).
- In the Styles and Formatting task pane, click New Style.
- Type a name for the style in the Name field.
- Use the drop down arrow beside the Style type field to select Table.
- Select the style options you want to use.
- Click the Format button for additional options.
- Click the Add to template box.
- Click OK.
To use your new table style, select it from the Styles and Formatting task pane or from the Table AutoFormat window.
[tags]Word, Office, table style, Word 2003[/tags]