One question that Lockergnome readers often ask me is ‘How do I save my Word document in PDF format?’ It is possible but many people try to do a ‘Save As’ only to discover that PDF is not in the list of possible file types. This is because you need to use the ‘Print’ function instead of the ‘Save As’ function to save your document as a PDF.
The steps required to complete the process are outlined below. Keep in mind that you need to have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, not just the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PDF.
- In the File Name list, type in a name for the document.
- Select PDF from the Save as type list.
- To open the file immediately after saving it, select the Open file after publishing check box. This check box is available only if you have a PDF reader installed on your computer.
- Next to Optimize for, select one of the following:
- Click Standard if the document requires high print quality.
- Click Minimize size if the print quality is less important than file size.
- Click Options to set additional options.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish.
[tags]microsoft word, word 2007, microsoft office, document, doc[/tags]