A new version of CCleaner 2.0 has been released for free download and you may wish to get a copy for your tool box. CCleaner is easy to use and will remove most of the junk that can clog up your system. I recommend that you take the Quick Tour before using this product. Become familiar with CCleaner if you wish to control what it cleans off your computer system. Also take advantage of the backup built into CCleaner and also create a Restore Point if your system provides this option. On the CCleaner site it states:
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! 🙂
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more… also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications: mRemoves temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
- 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
Free download from here.
[tags]ccleaner, utility, cleaner, software, free, [/tags]