The character map has many symbols and characters, both common and uncommon, that you can insert into your documents. When you open the Character Map, you will see all the symbols and characters for a specific font. To insert a symbol from the Character Map into a Word document:
- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools.
- Click the Character Map option from the System Tools menu.
- Use the drop down arrow beside the Font field to select the font you are using in your Word document.
- Double click the symbol within the Character Map that you want to insert into your document. The symbol appears in the Characters to Copy box.
- Return to your document.
- Within the document, right-click where you want to insert the symbol and click the Paste option.
The symbol is automatically inserted into your Word document.