Gnomie Mikey Stuckart writes:
Hello, Chris! Here are some tips to make sure your computer hardware is in proper running order.
- Invest in some air in a can and blow out your computer monthly. My computer was having power issues and shutting down for seemingly no reason — but in fact the reason was dust clogging the fans so it overheated whenever the computer was on. I blew it out with some air in a can and my computer works as good as new, now!
- Don’t force wires or cards together! There is force needed, to some degree, but not to the point where you’re breaking your motherboard in half.
- Never unplug anything but your USB stuff while your computer is on — this can damage it severely.
- Always have your computer case closed — this protects it from the common flying ornament or dog toy.
- If something is not working right, troubleshoot and eliminate the simpler, cheaper causes for problems instead of the less likely, expensive possibilities.
Thanks, Chris! I hope these were a help you and the community.