Sunbelt Software is looking for some Beta testers to take its new firewall for a spin. On its forum, the lead engineer has posted a link for the download as well as a registration key good until July 31, 2008. He also states that:
- Significant improvement in packet filtering
- Significant improvement in network performance when Web filtering is enabled.
- Enhanced Process Injection prevention to prevent code inject attempts into Windows system DLLs.
- Corrected numerous application crashes in the firewall service.
- Corrected various crashes in assist.exe
- Enabled support for Windows Vista
- Corrected issue in which binary data appeared in logs
- Significant improvement in product stability
- Enhanced leak test protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- IBM compatible 400 MHz computer with at least 256 MB of RAM
- Windows 2000 Pro SP4R1 or greater, Windows XP SP2 or greater (Pro, Home, Media Center), Windows Vista (incl. SP1)
- 15 MB of available hard drive space
The Sunbelt Software site is here.