Google Sites is now open to everyone and the entire service is being offered for free. So what is Google Sites? It is a place where you can setup a website that you can share with family, friends or the entire world. Google Sites can also be used by businesses as a Intranet feature for their organization as well.
Getting started with Google Sites is as simple as 1-2-3. You can create pages from scratch by just clicking a single button and than you will be able to embed photo’s, calendars, video’s and even documents you have created. The site works on WYSIWYG [what you see is what you get], making setup easy or anyone to do. After you get your site setup, you can invite anyone to join in the fun and edit any of the content you have provided.
Google also states:
Use Google Sites to:
- Plan club meetings and activities
- Share info on a secure company intranet
- Collaborate on a team project
- Stay connected with family members
- Single-click page creation
- No HTML required
- Customizable look and feel
- Settings for accessing and sharing information
- And it’s free!
You can get started here.
Or you can check out the new Google Sites blog which hosts a tutorial for you to use here.