Gnomie Justin Hall writes:
Hey Chris! Here are some features and improvements I would like to see in Windows 7.
- Better driver support. I want to see no limits in what I can hook up to my computer and I don’t want to see error messages because of it.
- One thing that bothered me with Vista was I couldn’t sync my mobile devices with Windows mail and Windows Calendar. I want to see them work with my mobile devices.
- I want to see DRASTIC improvements on Internet Explorer. I want to see faster rendering, stability, etc.
- I want to see x64 support built in. I don’t want to have to buy another version for it however.
- Better built in virus protection and spyware/malware protection. Defender is not that great, Microsoft!
- I want better networking options. I notice a lot of bugs with my networking. I have set everything up properly but my computer because of Vista drops my network randomly. It is easy to get back on but I shouldn’t have to reconnect all the time.
- Power management improvement. I want to see my battery last more than two hours and have better ways to improve my power usage.
- This will probably be put up to the specific vendors like HP or Sony but I would absolutely love to never ever see bloatware on my desktop the first time I open my computer… Microsoft should push this more.
- Better uninstallation software. I am tired of having to clean the registry when I uninstall something. It should delete the entries on its own. Come on, Microsoft.
- Less requirements to run. I understand if you want the fancy looking stuff, like aero, that you need a better video card, but I want to see it work with older machines with slower hardware and outdated hardware.
- Better services control. The average user is not going to understand how to start and stop a service and half of the services that are started by default are not even needed… So do us a favor and make it easier to customize which of them we need and give them better names… Nobody knows what “khjyi.exe” is for.
- Less BSOD would be nice.
- I want my operating system released when it is ready. I don’t want to see drivers unsupported because we rushed it out the door. I don’t want BSODs constantly. I want a computer that is stable at launch… thanks, Microsoft!