Xbox Live Arcade Celebrates the “Summer of Arcade” with an Incredible Lineup of Blockbuster Games and Chances to Win Hot Prizes!
“Summer of Arcade” lineup features five incredible games launching over five scorching weeks; beat the heat and play for a chance to win prizes including 100,000 Microsoft Points, an Xbox 360 Elite console and more!
Summer is in full swing, and Xbox Live Arcade is celebrating with the hottest lineup of games ever, starting on Wednesday, July 30 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT) with the highly-anticipated retro shooter “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2.” Also on Wednesday, Xbox Live Arcade users can earn entries into our “Summer of Arcade” Sweepstakes by logging in and playing the trial or full version of the featured Summer Arcade game of the week for a chance to win amazing prizes.
The full “Summer of Arcade” lineup is:
- July 30: “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” — The latest version of the wildly popular retro shooter offers screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting Achievements. “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available at 800 Microsoft Points.
- August 6: “Braid” — From acclaimed developer Jonathan Blow, “Braid” is a mind-bending and artistic puzzle-platformer where the player manipulates the flow of time in strange and unusual ways. “Braid”is rated E10+ for Everyone 10+ by the ESRB.
- August 13: “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” — The classic 8-bit side-scroller reports back for duty in a stunning remake, complete with all-new HD graphics and features that put 2D gaming back on the map! “Bionic Commando: Rearmed” is rated M for Mature by the ESRB
- August 20: “Galaga Legions” — The legend lives on with “Galaga Legions,” a reimagining of the classic arcade shooter. Featuring table-turning game dynamics and updated graphics, the game was created by the team behind the bestselling “PAC-MAN Championship Edition” from Namco Bandai Games. “Galaga Legions” is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.
- August 27: “Castle Crashers” — Award-winning studio The Behemoth brings red hot arcade adventure to Xbox Live Arcade with “Castle Crashers,” featuring hand-drawn characters and an array of weapons to choose from as you defend your kingdom and save the princess. “Castle Crashers” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
Play the trial or full version of the featured blockbuster Summer of Arcade game of the week and receive one entry into both the weekly prize drawing and Grand Prize drawings:
- Grand Prize (x1) — 100,000 Microsoft Points, 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscription and an Xbox 360 Elite console
- Runner-Up Prizes (x2) — 10,000 Microsoft points and a free 12 Month Xbox Live Gold subscription
- Weekly Prizes (x5) — 4000 Microsoft points
All games will be available worldwide, with the exception of “Bionic Commando Rearmed,” which will be available worldwide except Korea.
The “Summer of Arcade” sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Canada, France, Germany, United Kingdom and the 50 United States or District of Columbia 17+. No purchase necessary. Skill testing question required for Canadian residents. Game ends September 2, 2008. For details including free, alternate method of entry, see official rules here.