It is being reported that Sitemeter, which monitors site activity, is casuing errors in IE 5,6,&7 according to sources. When a IE user visits a site using Sitemerter they may receive the following error message:
Over at the IE forum they have posted a fix:
Here is the fix for users of IE 6 and 7 who are getting the “operation aborted” message.
Follow These Steps Exactly:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the menu Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click on the tab Security.
- Click on the icon Restricted Sites.
- Click on the button Sites.
- Under Add this website to the zone:
Type the text ‘ *.sitemeter.com ’ (with asterisk and dot & without the quotes).
- Click the Add button. Click Close. Click OK.
All sites will work again without error messages coming up.
Another option is to use a different browser. 🙂