As you type text into a placeholder, PowerPoint will automatically shrink the text to fit the placeholder. Given that one of the most common complaints people have with presentations is that there is too much text and the font is too small, you may want to turn this feature off.
To turn AutoFit off in PowerPoint 2002:
- Within PowerPoint, click AutoCorrect Options from the Tools menu.Â
- Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Under Apply as you type, uncheck the following two options:
- AutoFit title text to placeholderÂ
- AutoFit body text to placeholder
- Click OK.