When taking a PowerPoint presentation between different computers, there is always the possibility that the next computer may not have PowerPoint installed.
Fortunately, PowerPoint includes a component called the PowerPoint Viewer that can be used to display your presentation on a computer that does not have the application installed. You can use the Package for CD feature of PowerPoint to pack up your presentation along with the viewer and save it onto a CD or in a folder.
You can pack up your presentation along with the PowerPoint Viewer using the following steps:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation.
- From the Microsoft Office Button, point to Publish and click Package for CD
- Type in a name for the folder or the CD.
- Click Option to change the following settings:
- Include the PPT viewer
- Include linked files
- Embed TrueType fonts
- Password protect the presentation
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Copy to Folder
- Copy to CD
- Your PowerPoint files are copied to CD or folder.
Your presentation is now packaged and ready to go. Unlike previous versions, PowerPoint 2007 does not compress the presentation so it does not need to be ‘unpacked’ on the target computer. If you saved the PPT files to CD, simply insert the CD and autorun will start the presentation. If you saved the files to a folder, locate the folder and double click the presentation file.