If you work in Microsoft Word, you may be familiar with the comments feature. It allows you to add comments throughout a document to alert a reader to certain information. For example, an editor can leave comments by certain content in a document to alert the author about specific issues.
You can also add comments to cells in an Excel workbook. The comments are sort of like side notes for a cell.
To add a comment to a cell in Excel 2007:
- Click the appropriate cell within a worksheet.
- Click the Review tab in the ribbon bar.
- Within the Comments group, click New Comment.
- A text box will appear. Type your comment within the text box.
- Click outside the text box when you are done.