Let’s face it. Windows is kind of boring even for those of us who use Windows Vista or even Windows 7. But there is a new kid on the block called BumpTop that will change the way you interact with your computer. BumpTop allows the user to use a *finger, *pen or mouse to dump stuff around the desktop. But be aware that BumpTop has a fairly stiff hardware requirement.
- A 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, with latest service packs
- A Pentium 4/Celeron 1.8GHz or Athlon XP/Sempron 2200+ or desktop/mobile equivalent
- Minimum 1GB system memory
- 15 MB available hard disk space.
- Intel 915 integrated graphics or Nvidia GeForce 6200 or ATI X300 or better with updated drivers
- OpenGL 2.0 driver support required (may require additional drivers available at bumptop.com/drivers)
- Internet connection required for activation
There is another thing that is nice about BumpTop. It is a free download. But will BumpTop be right for you? Give it a try and see what you think and let me know what you find.
I’m trying this on my Windows XP test machine [AMD dual core with 4 GB Ram and a NVIDIA 9500GT displ;ay adapter with 1GB RAM] and will be playing with it for the next few weeks. I will than do a full review with my likes and dislikes. This box boots XP, Vista and Windows 7.
*One note: To take advantage of touch or pen you need a touch display. Without a touch display you are limited to using the mouse and keyboard.