One of the features of Internet Explorer is the AutoComplete. Some people find it handy for Internet Explorer to remember their private information, such as passwords, so they don’t have to enter it in each time they access a web site.
However, having Internet Explorer save passwords may make others, who are more concerned about security, uneasy. If this is the case, you can easily delete the passwords remembered by Internet Explorer. This ensures no one else who uses your computer can log into web sites using your passwords.
To delete passwords remembered by Internet Explorer 7:
- Within Internet Explorer, click Tools, and select Internet Options.
- Verify that the General tab is active.
- Click the Delete button under Browsing history.
- Click the Delete Passwords button.
- Click Yes to confirm your actions.
- Click Close.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.