In a previous tip, I showed you have to use the Find and Replace features in Word to change specific formatting. You can also use the Find and Replace features to search for and replace other elements such as tabs and breaks.

To find and replace different types of document elements in Word 2007:

  1. On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Find.
  2. Click Special, and then click the item that you want; for example, column breaks.
  3. If you want to replace the item, click the Replace tab, and then type what you want to use as a replacement in the Replace with box.
  4. Depending on what you want to accomplish, click one of the following options: Find Next, Find All, Replace, or Replace All.