BlackBerrys have a lot of settings hidden in the OS. Here are some of the most popular BlackBerry Tips for any user.
- Switch the signal bars to decibels – If you want a more precise measurement of your wireless signal, just hold down the ALT button while typing N M L L. The meter on the main screen will change to a number. Do these steps again to change it back.
- Give the audio a boost – Many people say that the ringtone or music isn’t loud enough on the BlackBerry. Go to Menu > Options > Audio Boost > On.
- Enable separate app for SMS text messages – Don’t like your email crammed in with text messages? Separate them by going to Messages > Menu > Options > SMS and Email Inboxes > Separate.
- Quick period – At the end of a sentence, press the Space key twice and a period will be typed automatically.
- Switch to another program – Hold the ALT key and press Escape. Continue to hold ALT and select the program you want to switch to.
- Send your PIN – Need to send somebody your PIN so you can communicate with them? Just type MYPIN in an email or text message and the text will change to your actual pin number.
- Start in Safe Mode – Install an app that screwed things up? Start in Safe Mode so you can get rid of it. Remove and reinsert the battery, then when the light goes off while starting, press and hold the Escape button until the main screen loads.
- Add more callers – Press Menu while on a call and select Add Participant if you wish to add more people to the call.
- Reboot – ALT + CAPS + Delete reboots the device.
- Change ring tone – Don’t like the default ring tone? Change it under Menu > Profiles > Advanced > (Active profile) > Phone > Ring Tone.
If you have more, please share them in the Comments section below.