Those of you who own the Android powered G1 or myTouch mobile phones will be interested to know that the latest release of WeatherBug for your mobile platform has been released.
Additional features for WeatherBug Elite include:
- Additional enhanced contour weather maps: NWS Alerts, Lightning Strikes, Humidity, Pressure, Wind Speed, Forecast Hi, Forecast Lo and Satellite
- Radar animation
- Additional home screen widget with extended forecast (3 day)
- Unlimited saved locations
- Detailed alert maps with vector polygons and full NWS alert messages
- Locations summary page allow you to check weather conditions at a glance for all your saved locations
- Improved LBS tracking and customization
Other important features:
WeatherBug Elite provides users with the ability to run multiple widget instances at once, as you can see from the screen capture.
Plenty of cool new map layers in addition to animated radar for Elite users.
Three completely different forecast options: Seven day, daily and hourly forecasts.
Lightning strike data. Keep an eye on lightning storms and real time strikes thanks to the WeatherBug Total Lightning Network.
WeatherBug vs WeatherBug Elite side by side
The widget with the three day forecast displayed is the Elite application. Both WeatherBug for Google Android and WeatherBug Elite offer the same core data, while Elite provides you with many more options and features as outlined above.
WeatherBug for other mobile devices
If you do not own an Android based phone and would still like to receive the latest weather and weather alerts, head on over to WeatherBug’s Mobile Section to download the application that is right for your favorite mobile device.