Ensure the reliability of the data your SOA environment depends upon with Viral Data In SOA: An Enterprise Pandemic.
Service-oriented environments can share data more widely and rapidly than ever before. Incorrect data can easily trigger inappropriate actions, prevent urgent actions from being taken, disrupt customer transactions and relationships, generate compliance problems, and damage business performance. Companies need a comprehensive blueprint for ensuring data reliability in their SOA [service-oriented architecture) environments. Viral Data in SOA provides that blueprint.
Leading IBM information forensics expert Neal Fishman helps you identify the unique challenges of data quality in your SOA environment — and implement solutions that deliver the best results for the long term at the lowest cost. Writing for both business and technical professionals, Fishman shows how to think about data quality on a risk/reward basis… establishing an effective data governance initiative…how to evaluate data quality, and overcome its inevitable decay… and, last but not least, how to actually derive a data quality initiative that works.
Viral Data In SOA: An Enterprise Pandemic coverage includes:
- Why poor-quality data in SOA can be dangerous to an organization
- Practical solutions for assessing, improving, and sustaining trusted information
- Why data governance is so critical — and realistic models for implementing it
- Benefits of data provenance
- Why business data is a form of metadata
- Programming and database design techniques to improve data quality