If you reference another file in your Word document, you can easily create a hyperlink to it. Furthermore, you can even be more specific by creating a hyperlink to a specific location in another document. When you click the hyperlink, the other document will open to the specific location.
To create a hyperlink to a specific location in another document:
- Insert a bookmark in the destination document.
- Open the file that you in which you want to create the hyperlink.
- Select the text or object you want to display as the hyperlink.
- Right-click and select Hyperlink from the shortcut menu.
- Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.
- In the Look in box, click the down arrow, and navigate to and select the file that you want to link to.
- Click Bookmark and select the bookmark that you created in step 1.
- Click OK.