Version 10.01 of the Opera browser has been released. It is a security and stability update to revision 10, and not a full update with Unite. The version leaves Unite to be downloaded by choosing version 10.10.
Some of the changes are:
Opera 10.01 for Windows Changelog
Opera 10.01 is a recommended security and stability upgrade. Opera highly recommends all users to upgrade to Opera 10.01 to take advantage of these improvements.
Release date: October 28, 2009
Changes and improvements since Opera 10.00
- Opera Link button with dropdown menu on the status bar; access to Opera Link in the main menu moved to Tools
- Issue with Opera Turbo and plug-in placeholders
- Enabling Opera Turbo for the first time not showing the Opera Turbo information page
- Opera not synchronizing more than 9 Speed Dials
- Open instance of Opera not running when a laptop enters its wakeup stage
- Commandline URL length being limited while Opera is running
- Font enumeration problem
- Issue when opening File open/Save dialog boxes
Mail, news, chat
- Problem creating a new mail account
- Drafts sometimes missing after upgrading to Opera 10.00
- Follow/Ignore contact not working from the message header toolbar
- Fixed an issue where certain domain names could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by Chris Weber of Casaba Security ; see our advisory
- Fixed an issue where scripts can run on the feed subscription page, as reported by Inferno ; see our advisory
- Fixed an issue where Web fonts could be used to spoof the page address, as reported by John Daggett ; see our advisory
- Custom changes to operaprefs not appearing when upgrading from a version older than Opera 10.00
- Issue of 100% CPU usage fixed by preventing and avoiding the filling up of message loop
- Opera not starting after computer reboot
- Startup problem when Opera is installed in a path with a 2-byte character
- Problem when upgrading single-user installation of Opera with no reference in registry
The above are the details for the Windows version of 10.01, similar changes are there for the Mac and Unix revisions, which can be reviewed by the user here.
It is a continuing testament to the developers of Opera, as most of these errors are not experienced by the majority of users, yet the work to quash all errors proceeds with alacrity, always. The download links are found here.