PowerPoint lets you add slide numbers to each slide in your PowerPoint presentation. Furthermore, you can have PowerPoint display the current slide number out of the total number of slides in your presentation. For example, slide 3 of 10, slide 4 of 10, etc. To configure PowerPoint slide numbers to include the total slides in the presentation follow the steps below:
- Within your presentation, select the View tab.
- within the Presentation Views group, click Slide Master, and click the slide master thumbnail.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Text Box, and then drag to draw the text box where you want the slide number to appear on your slides.
- With the cursor still in the text box, on the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Slide Number.
- In the text box, place your cursor before the <#>, and then type Slide.
- Place your cursor after the <#>, and then type of x , where x equals the total number of slides in your presentation.
PowerPoint will now display the current slide number out of the total number of slides.