You’ve decided to upgrade to Windows 7. Before starting the upgrade, you should take some time to plan the upgrade to ensure it goes smoothly. This includes verifying that if you current operating system is upgradeable to Windows 7 and to which version.
First, there are a few operating systems than can not be upgraded to Windows 7. This includes:
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista RTM
- Windows Vista Starter
Note: A few early releases of Windows 7 can not be upgraded to the current editions of Windows 7, such as Windows 7 Beta and RC.
Specific versions of Windows Vista can be upgraded to specific versions of Windows 7:
- Windows Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise to Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium or Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate
- Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate
[awsbullet:windows 7 upgrade]