A radial list shows all the parts that come together to form a main idea. If you use Word 2007, you can create a radial list using a SmartArt graphic as described below.
- Open Word 2007.
- From the Insert tab, within the Illustrations group, click Smart Art.
- Within the Choose a SmartArt Graphic gallery, click Relationship and then double click Radial List.
- If you want to add a picture in the central circle, click the picture icon, select the image you want to use and click Insert.
- If you want to add text, click [Text] and type in the appropriate text. Alternatively, click in a circle in the Smart Art Graphic and type in the text.
After you create a radial list, you can easily add additional circles to the list using the following steps:
- Click the SmartArt Graphic to which you want to add an additional circle.
- Click the existing circle that is closest to where you want to add a new circle.
- Under the SmartArt Tools, from the Design tab, within the Create Graphic group, click the arrow under Add Shape.
- Select either Add Shape Before or Add Shape After.