You may recall that last week I had mentioned about not forgetting Sears when looking for electronics. Today I received an advertisement from Sears offering the following HDTV for a great price. The HDTV is a Panasonic 42″ 1080p Plasma on sale for $649.99. On their web site Sears provides the following information about this HDTV:
Striking in its beauty and elegance, bold in its functionality, this 1080p VIERA® television from Panasonic brings your favorite programming to life. You’ll be mesmerized by its clear, crisp picture and its true-to-life motion reproduction, and its added features will only impress you more. Whether offering all-in-one control of your components from a single remote or digital photo viewer that turns your TV into a large, slideshow-running digital picture frame, the VIERA® S1 Series steps up to the challenge of offering more. 40.6 x 26.1 x 4.2 in., 57.4 lbs. (40.6 x 28.0 x 12.9 in., 59.6 lbs. with stand)
- Full-Time 1080p TV – The S1 Series produces crisp images and eliminates motion blur by maintaining full TV lines of resolution even in fast moving scenes.
- VIERA Image Viewer™ – Turn to this feature for a better way to share your digital photos with friends and family.
- VIERA Link™ – Control all compatible audio and video devices via a single remote and helpful on-screen menus.
- Neo PDP (Plasma Display Panel) Technology – The S1 Series utilizes advanced up-to-date plasma technology to bring you the best picture, complete with brighter images, a 40,000:1 native contrast ratio and an Infinite Black Panel.
- 600Hz Sub-Field Drive – An improvement on the 480Hz Sub-Field Drive of previous models, this feature provides more sub-field possibilities for your display, allowing for a more true-to-life presentation.
- Game Mode – Game Mode minimizes the time lag when displaying game images on the plasma screen. Ultimately, this mode ensures that your gaming experience will feature an extremely clear image with no annoying motion artifacts.
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter – Cut down on glare and light reflection with this exclusive Panasonic feature.
- 100,000 Hour Panel Life – Don’t worry about fading or loss of image quality. With the S1 Series’ long panel life, you’ll be enjoying your plasma television for many years to come.
- Inputs – HDMI™ (3), Composite (2), Component (2), S-Video, Audio (5)
Outputs – Digital Audio
I was surprised when I read a comment [I am not sure if it was here at The Blade or on some other site], that stated Plasma TV’s were only good for a couple of years. My understanding from what I have read is that Plasma TV’s have a life span of 15 to 20 years.
What do you think?