Word 2007 lets you convert text into table format. For example, if you have a list of words that you think would be better displayed in a table, you can easily change the text into a table.
Your first step is to decide how to separate the text into columns and rows. This can be done by inserting separator characters, such as commas or tabs, where you want to divide the text into columns. You can use paragraphs marks to indicate where to begin a new row.
Once you’ve inserted the necessary separator characters:
- Select the appropriate text.
- On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click Table, and then click Convert.
- From the Convert Text to Table dialog box that appears, select the option for the separator character that is in your text.
- Verify the number of columns in the Number of columns box.
- Select any additional options.
- Click OK.
Word automatically converts the text into table format.