One of the many animation features in PowerPoint is the Dim Text feature. This particular feature causes select text on a slide to fade. This is useful for bulleted lists where you want to have the text in the previous bullet fade as you speak to the current bullet.
To make text fade in PowerPoint 2007:
- Click the Animations tab on the ribbon and then click the Custom Animations button.
- Select the text box containing the text that you want to have fade.
- In the Custom Animation task pane, click the drop down arrow beside the Add Effect button.
- Select one of the animation effects such as Dissolve In from the Entrance group.
- Next, select Effect Options and select the Effect tab.
- Click the drop down arrow beside the After animation field.
- Select a color similar to the color of the slide background.
- Click OK.