If you need to forward a copy of all incoming and outgoing emails to another email account (i.e., a Gmail account) in Outlook 2007, then this is how you do it.
- Create your Gmail email address and add it to your Outlook address book.
- In Outlook 2007, click ‘Tools’ then ‘Rules & Alerts.’
- Click ‘New Rule,’ then ‘Check Messages When They Arrive,’ then ‘Next,’ and ‘Next’ again. Then ‘Yes’ at the warning.
- Tick ‘Forward it to people or distribution list’ and click ‘People or Distribution list’ at the bottom of the window.
- Add the Gmail email address you created and click ‘Next’ and ‘Next’ again. Then ‘Finish.’
So that should cover the incoming email messages. For the outgoing ones, just create another rule as above but select ‘Check Message after sending’ instead of ‘Check Messages when they arrive.’ Also, it’ll only CC a copy rather than forward it like with the incoming emails.
Run a couple of tests to make sure it’s all working happily as well.
Courtesy of Cambridge PC Support, providing expert, friendly and affordable computer support for home and business users in Cambridge and Newmarket (UK).