USB drives offer more than just a place to store your data. For example, you can use a USB drive boost performance and run portable applications. In addition, you can also turn your USB drive into a Password Reset Disk.
To turn a USB drive into a Password Reset Disk:
- Insert your USB drive.
- Click Start, type User Accounts within the Search box and press Enter. The User Accounts window appears.
- From the list of Tasks, click Create a password reset disk. The Forgotten Password Wizard screen appears.
- Click Next.
- Choose the drive letter for your USB drive and click Next.
- Type in your current user account password and click Next.
- Click Finish and remove your USB drive.
In the event that you forget your password, you can use the USB drive to reset your password.