By default, the file cache for offline files is stored on your C: drive. If you have multiple drives on your computer, you may want to have the file cache stored on a drive other than C. You can easily move the file cache for offline files using the steps described below.
Before you can move the file cache, you need to disable offline files.
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet link.
- Click the Offline Files link. Disable offline files.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Now you can proceed with moving the file cache.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services CSC.
- Create a new string value and name it Parameters.
- Assign this value to the Parameters key: ??e:csc where e: is the drive letter you want to use.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Finally, you need to re-enable offline files by completing steps 1 through 3. Restart your computer one more time and you are finished. The file cache for offline files is now located on an alternate drive.