If you’re a systems administrator, Windows Server 2008 R2 can help you streamline workflows, automate functions, virtualize, and get the most out of Windows 7. And with the step-by-step instruction in this comprehensive guide from leading Windows authority Mark Minasi, you’ll get there even faster.
This book not only walks you through Windows Server 2008 R2 from the ground up, it also describes features and workarounds to help you optimize your Server 2008 environment. It’s packed with information — you’ll soon master the new Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, and much more. This is the perfect go-to reference on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Getting up to speed on all the new technology and features in R2
- Performing a clean, manual installation on a virtual or lab machine, or doing an unattended installation
- Understanding Server Core and what is new in Windows Server 2008 iPv4
- Creating a one-domain, one-location, simple Active Directory (AD)
- Managing user accounts, group policies, and files and filesharing
- Setting up routing, VPNs, additional sites in Active Directory, and more
- Adding Mac clients and administering Remote Desktop Services
- Updating your system with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)