Significant strides have been made since the release of SharePoint 2007, and Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration provides you with a detailed look at the major improvements and numerous changes in SharePoint 2010.
The author team of SharePoint experts walks you through installation and configuration, customization, and architecture and capacity planning. You’ll discover how to upgrade existing SharePoint 2007 servers, secure and manage site content, and integrate Microsoft Office applications with SharePoint. Packed with insight as to how SharePoint 2010 works and the functionality it provides, this invaluable resource deciphers the technical details you need to know in order to get SharePoint 2010 up and running successfully.
- Covers command-line administration with Windows PowerShell
- Reviews service applications in depth
- Addresses backups and disaster recovery
- Explores exciting new features including managed metadata, Central Administration, and social computing features
- Describes upgrades to the Health Analyzer, Timer Jobs, reporting, and much more
- Discusses enterprise search, FAST search, and people search
- Includes coverage of Business Intelligence and PerformancePoint Services
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.