Experience the huge world of Tortuga, with its 16 very different scenarios either as a buccaneer in service of his Majesty or as a feared pirate. Your riches will expand through successful piracy, theft of ships, plundering of towns or completion of missions from the town governments. But make haste, and be wary of the treachery and mutiny that can reduce all of that to nothing.
You start the game with a small reserve of money and a basic ship, which is suitable only for the smaller prey and voyages to discover the rest of the world. To gain in strength you need to get larger, stronger ships, which would make the conquering of cities a real possibility. Successful raids on transport, trade and military convoys as well as on pirates provide the funds for the much needed faster, more agile ships as well as the well-equipped battleships. Accepting missions from your local Mayor will help you gain riches for yourself and for your crew, who are eagerly awaiting their share of the treasures. The entire game world is filled with traders, pirates and buccaneers, as well as huge transport convoys. All you have to do is select the right targets and adversaries. Be careful though, lest the hunter become the hunted.
Each action you take has consequences on all four nations in the game. Upon attaining higher notoriety the player will receive the opportunity to undertake missions from the Mayor as well as purchase Letters of Marque. Special missions are also available to help the player reach his initial goals in the game.
- Quick Game Start and Tutorial for the novice sea farer!
- 16 huge scenarios – 4 nations and 4 period settings.
- Open-ended World: Decide your own destiny! Pursue the mission goals or take the action into your own hands.
- Vast, gloriously detailed game world spanning 60 towns of the English, Spanish, French and Dutch nations.
- Missions ranging from hunting pirates to besieging towns; 14 different ship types ranging from the Sloop to the mighty Ship of the Line.
Download and play Tortuga: Pirates Of The New World! ($9.99)