Normally, when the programs are running, each has an open window (or button) on the taskbar when minimized. By completing the steps described below, you can force the programs to minimize to the status bar instead.
- Click the Start button, point to All Programs, then Windows Live.
- Right click Windows Live Mail and click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab from the Windows Live Mail Properties dialog box.
- Under Compatibility mode, click Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Click the drop down arrow and select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).
- Click OK.
Launch Windows Live Mail as you normally would. Right click the Windows Live mail icon on the Status bar and click the Hide window when minimized option.
For Windows Live Messenger, complete steps 1 through 6, as described above, with the exception of step 2 where you will select Windows Live Messenger instead of Windows Live Mail.
[awsbullet:windows live mail]