If you experience any soreness in your wrists, hands and arms after spending time on your computer, consider that your workspace may not be all that ergonomic. Believe it or not, it’s very easy to injure your wrists if you don’t use your keyboard properly.
To avoid injury or discomfort, consider these tips:
- Your keyboard should be directly in front of you.
- Your keyboard should be at elbow level and close enough that your upper arms are relaxed at your sides.
- Make sure your shoulders, arms and hands are relaxed when you’re typing.
- Keep your wrists straight while typing.
- Make sure you take short frequent breaks to give your wrists a break. This is extremely important if you spend long periods of time on your computer.
- Be sure to keep your hands and wrists above slightly above the keyboard, instead of resting them on the surface while you type.